Saturday, May 9, 2015

soccer vs lightening

I want to thank everyone who commented on my post.  It was so very helpful to me and it helped me to put things in perspective.  It's hard sometimes, because since I am not in treatment anymore - when bumps come up in my recovery, I am kind of on my own to figure them out and that can be hard at times.  I have my family and friends who are really really supportive, and I am able to talk to them about a lot of things, but sometimes it's hard for them to really understand certain things or ways that I am thinking or feeling.  Eating disorders and addictions are a hard thing for people to fully understand unless they have gone through it and it can feel lonely at times.  So it's always helpful to get advice from other people outside of my own head or my own thinking.  I think that is one reason why it's so important to be able to have people in recovery to talk to and who understand what you are going through.  So thank you :)  I feel a little better, but still wish that I was doing better than I am in this part of my recovery.  I just get so tired of my ED always finding ways to stick around.  But I just need to keep doing my best, recognize how far I have come, and always keep striving to strengthen myself in my recovery each day.


In other news, this happened this past Wednesday... 







I have been to soccer games in pouring rain, freezing cold weather, extreme heat, and even snow.  And there have been a handful of times when I have been at a game that had a delay because of lightening, but this past Wednesday was one of the craziest!!  It had started raining when we got there, and it started to come down a little harder right before the game with thunder in the background.  Well, then in the middle of the national anthem the lightening just went crazy!  As soon as the anthem ended, the players ran back into the locker room and the rain came pouring down (with a little hail mixed in).  So we all had to run for cover and, let me just say, that trying to crowd 20,000 plus people in limited covered spaces can be a hectic thing.  We had to wait an hour before we could go back to our seats (they can start the game 30 minutes after the last lightning strike), and by that time we were freezing and wet.  It rained pretty hard the whole game, so we were sitting in wet, cold clothes and shivering BUT... it was still so fun!  The crowd was into it, the players were into it, and it was a really fun game!  That's one thing I love about soccer.  I love the atmosphere and how into it everyone gets - even in that kind of weather, everyone is still having fun and enjoying the game!  Soccer games are the ONLY thing I will spend 3 hours in bad weather for.  But it was a memorable night for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Reading this just really helped me be enormously grateful that through AA I have a huge resource of recovery help so close at hand. Luckily being an alcoholic that is one of the most prevalent conditions where there are a lot of people in 12 step recovery and I live in a fairly populated area. Seriously I'm rarely 24 hours and 10 miles from a meeting - how terrific is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attention !!

    If you know you are vary serious to solve your financial problem once and for all by selling your kidney to exchange money , all donor are needed Donor A+ Blood B+ O+ , this is both male and female who are in good heath for more info ; WHATS APP MESSAGE ONLY
    +917411484388

    ReplyDelete