Wednesday, March 25, 2015

little me

I heard this song the other day and it really hit home with me.
It reminded me a lot of the feelings I felt when I was a young girl.
The confusion, the sensitivity, the insecurity, feeling lost and ignored in the "crowd".

I am glad that I have been able to heal, to let go, and become a stronger person
But there are times, often, when those old memories and feelings come back.
I think they will always be there inside of me
But I am glad that there are times when I can forgive
When I can believe
When I can love myself
When... I know that I am enough just the way I am

I don't feel these things all the time (I wish I did) but there are moments
More often than it used to be
That I can truly believe these things about myself
And I hope that the more I recover, the more I grow, the more I experience,
The more I can let that little girl inside of me heal.

 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what an amazing song! You seem to know all the good songs Jenn! Straight to ITunes to download it...In every moment of every day I hope that that little girl within - and her beautiful unbounded spirit - kicks all the 'bad stuff's' butt. I think perhaps this all comes naturally with time and healing so I am wishing you the right kind of time and healing xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete